Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Brain Waves

For some time now, the boys have been doing what they call "A Brain Wave." It goes something like this...

Ethan yells, "Garrett!" I have a brain wave for you! He then runs to find Garrett, tackles him to the ground, then they both get reallllllly quiet, line their ears up just so, and they wait. And wait. And wait.

I really like brain wave time because they are both quiet and calm. Until the wave has been transferred, that is.

They both sit up at the exact same time as if they somehow know that the brain wave is done transmitting.

Then Ethan says "Did you get the wave, Garrett?"

Garrett nods yes.

Ethan asks "Well what was it?"

And Garrett tells some long, detailed story about cars zooming around a track and crashing or bombs exploding or super heroes saving the world and in his excitement, I can hardly tell what he's saying.

But Ethan knows. He smiles in delight, acts shocked, and says "You got the brain wave, you really got it, you are right!"

Then they both, inherently and without a bit of communication, begin reenacting the brain wave that was received.

And as I stand there wondering what in the world just took place and believe for a minute that it is more than really good imaginations and there is actual supernatural stuff going on here, I wish that we could just go back to the brain wave transmission part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment