Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back Seat Driver


Garrett has become quite the observant passenger. For a while now I've been hearing from the back seat as going through an intersection with a stoplight "RED MEANS STOP." A lot of time while I'm sitting there waiting for a red light, Garrett is yelling at me that "GREEN MEANS GO!" He gets rather angry yelling this at me, so I thought he was looking at the arrows or something which led me to explain to him all about the arrows which he just didn't get/listen to. Tonight as he's screaming RED MEANS STOP at me while going through a green light, I look over to notice he watches the OTHER light! The one for the crossing traffic, to the left of the car. No wonder he's been so adamantly screaming at me lately.

It also decided to rain tonight (finally). On and off raining, which required wipers on, wipers off, etc... Well you can count on Garrett to yell MOM fifty times until you answer him so he can tell me "It's Raining! Turn those wipey things on!"

Thank you Garrett, I do appreciate your observations and am very thankful that we have come a long way from this time a year ago (see blog post, Blah or Child Proof Locks) when you flew like an airplane in your seat or tried to open your door while driving (even though I've definitely been threatening moving you back into a regular car seat lately). But wow, we can definitely do without the yelling!

And I wonder why by the time we get done with our car ride anywhere, this is what I find...




No comments:

Post a Comment