So I am a "Kiss your boo-boo" kind of mom, not a "Let's stick a character of the month bandaid on a boo-boo" kind of mom. To be honest, I have NEVER bought bandaids with characters on them for several reasons:
1. I don't need Batman, Spongebob, Diego, (Insert character here) bandaids to adorn my walls, furniture, etc... Because let's admit it: kids don't leave bandaids on for any length of time, anyway!
2. I don't ever want to be out somewhere, have a boo-boo occur and the world come to an end because I don't have a bandaid to fix it.
3. Bandaids are stupid. Plain and simple. Most of the time when a kid receives a bandaid, they aren't bleeding which is the purpose of the bandaid, right? And the times that they ARE bleeding, they are usually bleeding too much for a bandaid to be enough to do the trick.
Well, over the weekend, Garrett jumped off of the computer chair and landed his head on a toy truck. It made a small little goose egg about the size of a dime. I kissed it and he was fine. Less than 12 hours later, the next morning, he was running, tripped, and landed on a guy with his already injured forehead. Goose egg, now = quarter sized. A kiss did the trick! Continued the day and he hit his head on a chair and finally scraped the growth from his forehead on the carpet, rubbing the already thin skin thinner.
It was a crabby Garrett day, to say the least! I swear, the "boo-boo" was like it was a magnet to toys, wall corners, and whatever else he could stick it to. Finally, kisses just weren't working. He was a walking disaster and the lack of a helmet to protect his noggin resulted in the placement of a bandaid.
Said bandaid remained in place for a record time of 4 minutes, then landed on my floor. Garrett went from crabbiest kid on the block to super hero in about 4 seconds.
Glad I could create a little magic for him that day. Hoping he doesn't start thinking a bandaid will fix every ailment he has. I still think the kid needs a helmet until the poor bruise goes away!
No comments:
Post a Comment