Friday, February 5, 2010

ENT

Took Garrett to the ENT today. It was in Wilmington and for some reason, I could barely make the drive! Good thing we left kind of early because as the boys fell asleep on the way there, I began getting sleepy too. I stopped at Hardee's and closed my eyes for 15 minutes so I could make the rest of the RAINY drive! Got to the appt...they did a hearing test which showed that his hearing was a little low. Saw the Dr. who immediately suggested tubes. He must have a lot of parents argue this because he asked if I needed time to think about it or what I my opinion was. Here's my opinion...I'M OUT OF SICK DAYS! I took a day of leave without pay this week. I have taken at least 2 days off a month since September. I will only earn four more, but am 2 in the hole, and at the rate these ear infections have been coming, I will use about 2-4 per month with 5 months remaining. NO THANKS! Plus its miserable for Garrett to be sick that often! The surgery coordinator will be calling within a few days to set it up.
We were supposed to go to Monkey Joes, Kohls, and something fun for dinner afterwards. The rain was TERRIBLE! It was difficult to drive, let alone get in and out of the car. It was beginning to get dark and that combination of driving for me isn't my favorite, so we opted for McDonalds drive thru and the drive home. The boys were probably just as happy since they would eat McD's at every meal if they could! I was bummed though. Not fun driving all the way to Wilmington and getting nothing else done. Looks like we will have to make a trip out there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment