Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sick



No real pic today because I forgot my other camera at school with the memory card in it. Ooops. Been a slacker this week...went grocery shopping Monday night and was too exhausted to update then had PTO last night and again was too exhausted to update. I picked Garrett up from daycare yesterday and he was wheezing. I was a little worried because we were having a new babysitter come to watch them while I went to PTO. I gave him his inhaler and showed her how to do it. They made it through the few hours without any problems but he was definitely still wheezing and coughing when I returned. I put him to bed with me and gave him his inhaler through the night. He was coughing terribly all night long, kept me up for sure! Woke up at 5:00 and realized there was no sending him to daycare today. We went to the Dr. at 8:00, sat there and got breathing treatments, etc... We were given our prescriptions and sent on our way. I looked at the Rx and read Augmentin and something else (steroids) and thought they looked good...I'm not a Dr. or pharmacist, I only know to look for the word Amoxicillan! Headed to Target to get them filled, walked around Target for a while until they were ready. We made it out to the car and I was going to give Garrett his medicine when I realize that the Augmentin is Amoxicillan and something else. Went back into Target to inform them that he was allergic so they called the Dr. They sat on hold for about 25 minutes and finally got something else. So after another 45 minutes in Target, we were finally done. Why in the world is there a big orange sticker on his chart that says AMOXICILLAN and why does the nurse bother asking if he's allergic to anything if the Dr, doesn't bother checking before writing a prescription. Yes, I should have asked to make sure, but so should the Dr. Needless to say....its now naptime for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment