Kids are like sponges.
Among all things they learn during their early years, they somehow soak in the ability to manipulate.
Every parent loves the thought of having smart kids I am sure, but kids that OUTSMART you (or think they can outsmart you) is a whole nother story...
Garrett asked to go out to the garage to get something the other day, so I let him. About 5 minutes had gone by and no Garrett, so I walked out to see what he was up to and there he was...
Riding his bike around the driveway. He looked at me, acted all surprised, looked quickly to the left, then quickly to the right and with the straightest face EVER said...
"How did I get out here?"
I responded, "Garrett!?"
And again he said, "But, how did I get out here?"
Oh Garrett....
And then there's Ethan...
Ethan has learned the art of "Ask the other parent when the first one says no!"
Yes, that's right, Ethan has begun to play Kevin and I against each other. It started with asking me first, hearing no, then going to Dad. Well, he has now learned that the majority of the time, Dad says yes, so he may start by saying "Mom" but sees Kevin and immediately says "I mean Dad?"
We had a discussion where I informed him that Mom and Dad are on the same team and if one says no, the answer is no. All he took away was "So you guys are like the Bears and we are like the Steelers?"
Pretty sure the caption here should read:
"Mom and Dad are the Bears, but I think daddy is the coach, so ask him first!"
No comments:
Post a Comment