You know those times when you have to sit the kids down and have a serious conversation with them?
Those "I'm very serious and you need to listen carefully" kind of conversations?
Those "I never thought I'd be having this kind of conversation with my kids" kinds of talks?
We had to have one recently and this is how it went...
Boys, I am going to buy you new toothbrushes today because the toothbrushes I bought a week ago are ruined already! When I get these new toothbrushes, there will be NO sword fighting with them, or toothbrush boats in the sink. I will not find them in your beds, in the toy basket, or on the bathroom floor. I will not find the bristles all fanned out in a week because you walked around with it in your mouth all week. Your toothbrushes will stay IN the bathroom and will be used ONLY for brushing your teeth.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
And yes, I included the little one, because I've been watching him and he's been watching THEM!
Lesson learned...the cool toothbrushes that flash a light for a minute to indicate when it is time to stop brushing are not for my boys. Those darn toothbrushes spent more time as swords, boats, flashlights, and power rangers over the last week than they spent as TOOTHBRUSHES!!
No comments:
Post a Comment