I had a love/hate relationship with field trips when I was teaching.
LOVE them for the experience that they gave the kids.
HATED them because of the stress of counting kids, keeping them all in order, etc...
Going out as the Groff family can be compared to a field trip.
LOVE going on Groff family field trips because I like getting out of the house and having fun with the kiddos.
(Maybe not as extreme as HATE) DISLIKE going on Groff family field trips because it gets a bit crazy.
Think we might stay in the house for a few more years until Cole is done being a baby and Garrett is done being a three year old!
My favorite five phrases from our trip to dinner and Walmart the other night...
5. Do you have a paper towel, my baby just spit up all over the floor? (About 3 times during this particular trip)
4. "WAIT mom, I need pull ups!" (Dear Garrett, if you know when you need pull ups, chances are you should know when you need to pee at night!)
3. Mom, you need this... (as I pull random items out of the cart--favorite being the home improvement spray foam stuff that hardens when sprayed)
2. I have to go PEEEEEE! (One at a time, spaced by about 5 minutes, when they swore they didn't have to go 5 minutes ago!)
1. So this is why don't go anywhere very much, isn't it? (Ethan's observation after cleaning up Cole's spit up for the final time.)
No comments:
Post a Comment