Today was awards day at school. I was able to step out of my classroom to see the PreK awards ceremony. It was so cute! They sang a few songs, one of them was that "skitter-marinkie-dinkie-dink I love you" song. When they got to the "I love you" part they were to point to the audience. I was sitting more to the side, so Ethan leaned forward took both of his pointer fingers and in a very teenage boy, funny kind of way pointed his fingers and looked right at me. It was the cutest thing ever.
The teachers then gave out awards. One certificate was a graduation of PreK type certificate and the other was an award that was picked to fit each child's personality. Ethan received the "Little Einstein" award for his love of learning new things and for always sharing information with the class. I thought it was definitely fitting! Holy moly, my baby is going to Kindergarten! And wow, does he look grown up in that picture with me or what!?
After the ceremony, I got to eat lunch with Ethan. It was a lot of fun and a great treat to be able to feel like a non-working mom. I am excited that I will be able to do those things with him next year and hoping that as I continue with my career, I will be able to find the time to do these things with the other kids too.
Tomorrow is the last day of school. I don't think I need to get into my excitement on this topic! :)
The teachers then gave out awards. One certificate was a graduation of PreK type certificate and the other was an award that was picked to fit each child's personality. Ethan received the "Little Einstein" award for his love of learning new things and for always sharing information with the class. I thought it was definitely fitting! Holy moly, my baby is going to Kindergarten! And wow, does he look grown up in that picture with me or what!?
After the ceremony, I got to eat lunch with Ethan. It was a lot of fun and a great treat to be able to feel like a non-working mom. I am excited that I will be able to do those things with him next year and hoping that as I continue with my career, I will be able to find the time to do these things with the other kids too.
Tomorrow is the last day of school. I don't think I need to get into my excitement on this topic! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment